Friday 20 February 2015

Introduction

2/20


Starting on Tuesday, February 3rd, I decided to try to reach a goal of losing 20 pounds in 20 weeks. I chose this as a goal I could use for my passion project because I wanted to carefully choose a subject that may have been more challenging for me. As a student, I generally like to think inside the box and remain inside my comfort level, but this goes over and beyond anything I've ever thought of attempting. Not only do I want to lose the weight, but I'd like to learn more about the body and how it works. For example, how your muscles react to working out, eating disorders and the effects they may have, how your body changes over time, etc. As you know, weight is an extremely touchy subject with especially women, so I'd like to make this more of a comfortable subject for myself and anyone involved in my project.

Not everything in your life is in your control, but your success with health and exercise is almost entirely in your hands. Creating a healthy meal plan and workout schedule can make you feel much more in control and better overall. Even over the passed two weeks, I feel as though I'm getting into a more consistent schedule. It becomes easier over time because you get used to your schedule and how it is and isn't working for you. So far, I've lost the amount I had in mind which is very satisfying. Over the next week I would like to research more about health and fitness as well as eating disorders that may cause your health to deteriorate. I will continue to update you on my progress and findings. Thanks for reading along!

1 comment:

  1. Great start, Ashley. I think the parts of your project that go beyond the physical training and into kinesiology really add value to your goals. Keep the momentum going. Spring is coming, which will make things easier.

    ReplyDelete