Friday 22 May 2015

Motivation

In the last couple weeks I have been focusing my time on my own personal motivation and seeing what motivates me most. I found that recording my meal plans and calorie intake was personally not as beneficial as I thought it would be. My schedule has became a lot more busy than it was at the beginning of my project so my updates have become less, but the work I have been doing has been more than I could've ever expected.

I am playing for two soccer teams, one recreational team and one school team. At the beginning I wasn't playing soccer yet, I was just working out on my own. I practice twice a week with each team and have been having three games a week and I have noticed that team sports motivate me more than anything. I worked out alone and with someone else, but with no one really holding me accountable to be there and work out I never really got into the routine. As I get older, I would like to look into team sports I can play throughout university to keep up my physical activity and I would love to share that research with you as soon as possible.

One thing I've found about myself that I never realized before is that I use individual exercise as a way to relax, who would've thought? 1 Timothy 4:8 says, "For while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come." When I exercise individually, I find it gives myself good time to spend with God. I find myself being motivated after a long day to take some time to be alone and go on a long bike ride or rollerblade so I can listen to music and look at the nature He has created.

In the end, I have found myself be very motivated to work out and be healthy because when I live healthy, I feel so much better about myself and gain all the confidence I've lost. Your body is one thing you generally have control over taking care of, so it is very important that you do.

I will be posting my results closer to my final goal date where I hope to reach my goal weight.


No comments:

Post a Comment